Thursday, May 31, 2012

Enemy (Part 20)

I'm sorry for this short post, but I found the length of it to be appropriate with the contents. I thought if I added some more it would kill the "essence" of it. 
LOL it's not a targee3a, promise! 
Enjoy!
***


I was very close to replying to his message when another message from him cut me off.


Anyway, I'm leaving for good. I'm going to live in Nottingham for a couple of months, there's a big chance I might even stay there for the rest of my life, I hate it here. Too much info, it's not like you need it anyway. Traveling tonight at eight, that's surely a relief for us both, isn't it? 
It was fun un-chasing each other with our messages. Cat and mouse in reverse, huh? 
Aloofly yours, 
Majid. 


I unintentionally felt crestfallen at the sight of his message, I had fun with this little game of ours. The hate between us had gotten humorous and amusing. The game was over and no one actually won. 


I typed back to him, even though I wasn't supposed to, according to our agreement. 


You mean you'll be gone forever? 
That's...nice. 


I saw his silhouette through the glass of the room above me, he was walking around in a circular manner, just as he had at the balcony. 


Yes, wasn't that part of our deal anyway? 


He was right, I hadn't absorbed the fact that it was going to happen. Eight months without seeing him in Kuwait was a miracle; we both knew we had to see each other after all. But this was too much, it was chasing him across the globe. 


It is, I guess I never took it so seriously. They say nothing is forever, but I guess we'll try to make it happen. 
Have a great, long stay in Nottingham, wherever that is. 




The moving silhouette came to a halt before moving back again in circles. 


Me neither, reality is deceiving. 
Thank you, I hope you have a long stay here. 
And let's not coincidentally bump into each other, hmm? 
I won't be returning to Kuwait for another two years or so, so I guess that's cleared out. 


What about his family? What about his next step, wasn't he going to get married? He was almost running out of time, he was in the spitting distance of being thirty, if he wasn't thirty already. I lost track of time. 


Another two years? What about your family? 


It was nosey of me, but I was never going to see him again, according to him. And this time, it was official and for good. 
I bit my nails and sat down on the beach chair, I hadn't noticed that Badriya left while we were texting. I squinted while reading the message, the sun was glaring against the screen, but I clearly read the message. 
And even though I had nothing to do with it, it stung like hell. 


What family? :-)


 The man became a mystery to me, everything I had thought I knew about him was incorrect. I was interested in knowing what he meant, what happened between him and his family, and even in his job. After I had left, he ran the company like a madman; he was always yelling, always serious and never humorous at all. An ex-coworker told me he seemed to act twice his age with the management. His work became his life. 


I couldn't reply, what would I reply? 


"May, yallah bnshoof filim!" Reem yelled out from inside the chalet. 
"Uhh kani yaya." I replied. 


Sorry, didn't mean to pry. I have to go.
I can't believe this is the last message you'll ever get from me. Too good to be true, huh?
Bye forever.
May.



6 comments:

  1. Really LOVED the story
    Bs kila you post short posts !! :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I try as much as I can to make it as long as possible, but I fail! :(

      Delete
  2. Laaa let him stay :(
    As u said If it was any longer the post would be ruined
    Loved it ;*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love love

    ReplyDelete