Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Enemy (Part 26)

Thank you all for the comments!
This chapter is dedicated to L, a not-so-silent reader anymore!


Enjoy! 
(Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be much longer!)
***


No more Majid for two years...
That thought never failed to strike me. It kept repeating in my head like an old song you'd hear on the radio for several times. No more Majid for two years. 
At least now I didn't have any drama going on in my life. All my focus was going to be on my work, and that was it. No more drama, no more late-night emailing, nothing. 


However that pang of guilt kept on occurring, ; I did feel bad about lying to Majid about who I was. Part of me said that he was Majid and he deserved it. The other part of me said it was a bad thing. Who was I supposed to trust? 


I was annoyed, more than annoyed. Maybe I was better off not faking to be Badriya. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth till they bled and drank a glass of ice cold water. I didn't turn the computer off but put it on sleep mode; I was afraid I might need it. 
The cold Tiffany blue sheets gave me shivers up and down my spine and I rubbed my legs against the mattress of the bed for warmth. I turned off my phone and the light leaving the humming of the computer as a bedtime lullaby of some sort...


As I had expected I did not seem to get any ounce of sleep from the over-thinking and crazy what if's going on through my brain. 
I decided to not tell Majid. He was never nice to me, so I no reason whatsoever to be nice to him. It made me as bad as him, but hey, we were on the same level here, weren't we?


I shut down the computer for good and walked to the bathroom and did the unthinkable. I forced two fingers down my throat and threw up; no it wasn't because I wanted to lose weight but because the guilt inside me was making me so sick that I just had to force it out. 


I walked groggily to my bed and placed a hand on my cramping stomach, and tried to get some rest. I couldn't tell Reem because it would be too weird and awkward. I only had this secret to myself and myself only. Thing was, I had to keep this secret with me for two whole years until Majid was back home if he did consider here to be home. 


My heavy eyelids gave in and my thoughts were altered into non-sensical ones. Even my body needed a break from this. 


*


"May bassich latl3ibeen bl sala6a!" 


I waved my fork through the lettuce on my plate; Reem decided it would be "fun" to have a post-chalet gathering for lunch at Nino by the beach. I already looked like utter crap and didn't feel well from yesterday's forced gagging. 


"Reem shfeech, khubrich oo 3lmich ra7." Shaikha reminded her. The three girls laughed and winked at May.
"Uff siktaw mn zeena 3ad?" I retorted.
"Iklay bas iklay." Reem said while nudging me. Majid did hold on to his promise; he didn't send me an email declaring his arrival or any other email for that matter.


"Moo yo3ana, a7ad yabee?" I pushed my plate forward. The girls shook their head and went back to their own salads. 
"Shlon ilsh'3il?" Badriya asked.
I shrugged, "Nafs ilnas oo nafs ilsh'3l kil yom." 
"Fahad moo 3indikum?" Reem asked.
I shook my head, "Chinna gal ysht'3il b sharikat 3amma aw shay, madri. Shakhbara? Min ziman 3anna."
The last time I'd seen him it was at Maki almost nine months ago. Even he lasted longer than Majid. 


"Zain zain, shfta ilsboo3 ili 6af 3ind umi L6eefa," Reem replied while taking a bite of her Caesar salad. "Ee oo 3ndaha 3azeema yom ilkhamees b bait'ha, kilkum ra7 tiyoon inzain?" she said, pointing her knife at us. 
Shaikha raised her hands, "Inzain bas latithbi7eenna." 
"3ad Reem oo mansima3 kalamha, 8awiya." Badriya commented while taking a drink of her Diet Coke. 
"Shftaw? Wai May kilish malich 7is, shfeech? Ra7 oo r7tay wiyya." Reem teased, Badriya and Shaikha couldn't help but snicker. 
"Reem siktay," I joked while wiping my head. I didn't feel good at all. 
"Uff sorry bas shakli baroo7 al7een, 7adi ta3bana." 
"La lazim t3aw'6eenna b'3ada." Badriya said.
"Akeed." I agreed, I wasn't myself today. I excused myself and left the restaurant. I stayed beside my car to get some fresh air which I was in desperate need for. 


I hated the Majid after-effect and what it was doing to me. He was just a man out of billions of other men on this world. I wasn't supposed to care, yet I did and it was killing me. 

13 comments:

  1. when are you going to post the next chapter ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Love Majed But I dont Know Why? ;s



    -L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Wanna See What Will Happen Two Years Later Plus Thanks For The dedication I didnt See It i Was To Busy Reading;p ;***** Love You And Post SOON!!!


    -L

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story is based around Majid, so now that he's gone what are you gonna write about? Wila will you fastforward to 2 years time!
    Amazing writer!
    - F x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! Amazing like I said I LOVE your stories! Umbayy aby action ya3ny shloon they will react lama yadroon oo chithy...just a suggestion! Bs keep goin girl I will always support youu! I'M NOT A SILENT READER anymore YAYY!
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  6. When is the next chapter ???? 6awaltaaaayyy pleeeaaasse ;(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh love love love love this chapter,like all chapters! Your a truly amazing writer, the only blogs I read are yours, It's my daily thing to check up to see if you posted another incredible chapter. I don't know what I'm going to do if you stopped writing,LOOOL! Your stories are like a drug to me. And a good drug, not one that will kill me obviously. When's the next chapter? I absolutely can't wait! You really have the ability to write best-selling novels, if you do I'll be the first one in line to buy one of them! Pleaaaase become an author:( I got all my friends addicted to your stories,because I Can't stop talking about them:$ I noticed you do dedications now, those lucky people! I don't know if you remember me? I used to comment on every Strangers post and some enemy posts, but then I suddenly stopped for no reason;p Anyways, will you fast forward the story or keep it
    this way? Xx -Farah

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a while since you last posted.. :(
    Please post soon!

    - S

    ReplyDelete
  9. POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying to know what happens next!! Please post soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. YALA POST!!!! Don't be like the other bloggers where they make you wait a whole month then write a really short post. But anyway you're A-M-A-Z-I-N-G mashalla. You should write a novel :) I love you! - Nour

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just started to read your story and I am addicted. post soon xx

    ReplyDelete