Friday, July 20, 2012

Writing Contest!


Ramadan Kareem, everyone! :)

This is your chance to show me and the rest of the world your writing talents! Think you're up for it? Think your story can win the votes of us all?
(I'm going to bullet point things because everything is easier in bullet points, no?)

What is it about?

-The topic you are going to write about is based on one single emotion; Hope. You can write absolutely anything you want as long as you stick to "hope" and make your story travel around it.
(If it's not about it, I won't be accepting it and won't post it on the blog. I will, however inform you if that happens. Why do I sound like my old principal?)

Word limits:

-A minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1500 words. 

Deadlines (Submissions and Voting):

-You have one week from now to write and edit everything, no late submissions accepted. (principal reference again) (Deadline: July 28, 4:00 pm) (Submissions are to be sent to my email; cashmerepoison@gmail.com)
-Voting deadline (August 3)

How will this contest work?

-You will send me an email of your submission, and I will post it on my main blog (cashmerepoison.blogspot.com). Readers will vote for their favorite short story by the polls I'll be adding at the side (only works on Blogger web view).

-However, there will be two awards. One from the readers' choice, and the second one from myself. Meaning I get to choose my own personal favorite. 

Submissions:

-Send me your submissions on my email (cashmerepoison@gmail.com) with:
Your name, the title of your short story, twitter username (optional) and last but not least, your story! 

Winners:

Winners will be determined by the number of votes the contestant's story gets, of course. 
Again there'll be two winners. One winner of the people's choice, and the other one of my own choice (because we all hate being underrated/estimated).
-Winners will be announced when voting week is over and will be permanently on my blog, unlike other entries which will be unfortunately deleted off my blog.

Other stuff:

-Non-fiction entries are not accepted. 
-Keep it at the most PG-13, people. It's Ramadan, for crying out loud!
-No harsh commenting on submissions unless it's constructive crit., but it's going to be a bit late for that...
-I'll accept poetry. 
-Only English submissions are accepted. (Bits of m3arrab is fine)
-Have fun and happy writing!


Yes, khaba 3umri and I admit. Haaa! But honestly, I am looking forward to your writings! 

May the odds be ever in your favor,
Cashmere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment