Sunday, April 15, 2012

Enemy (Part 10)


Back to Enemy! I got stuck with the events, but now I have an idea hopefully. Sorry if it's short, I really have to finish this!

Voting for the next upload starts now! (Via Twitter or comment below)

Enjoy! 
***

 "Uff!" I groaned, stuck in traffic. It was almost nine at night and I was nowhere near home.
My mobile started vibrating inside my mustard leather bag as I pulled it out. A strange number called.
I cleared my throat and pressed the green button.

"Aloo?" I answered.
"Istatha May?"

Majid was everywhere.

I rolled my eyes, "Ee, na3am."
"Ma3ach ilistath Majid, ba6arishlich e-mail al7een oo abeech t6bi3eena 7ag bacher, lo sama7tay."

The car next to me nearly deafened me with the loud honk.

I covered my right ear and pressed the phone on my left, "Inshallah."

"Asif, bas wainich al7een?" Majid asked.

Oh, so he was going to butt in my whereabouts now?

"Umm, bl da2iri ilthani, laish?" I replied as politely as I could.
 "Aha, la ikhthay ilda2iri ilawal ba3dain shar3 Dimashq 7ag 6reejich lai ilbait, asra3."

That was unexpected.

"3ayal ashoofich inshallah bachr. Asf 3ala ilz3aj."
"Inshallah, by- ma3a ilsalama."
My face was sweating from the awkwardness. Why did Majid have to be my boss? I took the turn and went to Dimasqus street via the first ring road, just as he had mentioned. He was right, it was faster.

I parked in a weird angle bl garage, next to my dad's car. Kaifa, I didn't feel like fixing it at all!
9a3adt ilbait bsr3a and I headed to my room. I slipped on my pajamas and sat in the 9ala with my laptop and a bottle of water next to me on the couch, taking a gulp while opening my email.

New mail from: majid01@*****.com

These are the documents, please have them delivered on my desk (hard copy) by 1:30 PM tomorrow, thanks.

I groaned as I worked on the document, studying the reports meticulously. This was hard work.

After a good three hours, and two cups of coffee I finally had the work done as I sent it to him via my email. I hope he was up at one in the morning.

The documents are attached in the e-mail, I'll place the hard copy tomorrow on your desk.

I click sent and wiped my eyes, nearly falling asleep on the laptop. I cleaned the place around me and slipped on my slippers, getting up from the couch.
An alert from my laptop popped on the screen.

New mail from: majid01@*****.com

Got them, thanks again. You stayed up working on this?

What the heck did he mean by that?

Yes, does it not pertain to what you asked for?

I clicked send.

The same alert popped up.

New mail from: majid01@*****.com

It does, I just don't understand why you stayed up on it, that's all. 

Shtabi! I wanted to type.

I like to get things done early.

Laa! I instantly regretted sending that!

New mail from: majid01@*****.com

What about the work I gave you yesterday? Why didn't you finish them on time? 
We'll talk tomorrow, e-mails are limiting. Good night. 

I saw that coming. I turned my laptop off as I drifted to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment