Monday, April 16, 2012

Enemy (Part 14)

I edited the last posts, I hated the way I had written the dialogues, so amateur of me!


Enjoy!
***


"6arashta 7ag Majid! Reem shasawi?" I nearly screamed through the phone. It was very very stupid and immature of me to compose that text, fear, failure and terror ran in my body. I was screwed, more than screwed. 


"Ubai May maynoona?" Reem replied, "gooleela you quit ba3ad shtsaween? A7san mn inna ya6ridich! digay 3ala mudeer Majid ili kan mudeerich al7een!" 


I didn't want to quit, nor did I want to get fired, the latter was inevitable. And it was worse than the former. I looked at my phone. Majid was calling.


"Reem Majid ga3d idig!" I said, choking up.
"7igri oo goolay 7ag mudeerich innich you quit. " 
"T'hagain?" I asked.
"Tabeena ya6ridich?" 


I pressed on my temple, it was so hard. I felt like a failure at that moment, I screwed up big time.
I told Reem I'd notify her on what's going to happen and called my former -Majid's- boss.


He was busy, instead I composed a message to him.


Hello Mr. Omar,


I'm sorry to inform you that I resign from my position in the company for various reasons. Please call me as soon as possible.


Thank you, May Al-T.


I felt so bad writing that message, but I pressed Send anyway.


Majid called again. This time I didn't ignore.


"Aloo?" I said, my voice was shaky.
"Isatha May, shnu hal message ili m6-"


I couldn't help interrupting him.


"Adri, w ana asfa 3ala hal message, '3ala6 oo sakheef mini. Fa chithi laish qaddamt istiqalti 3nd istath 3umar." 


There was silence on the other end. 


"Zain. L2anich ta3adaitay il7dood oo magdart a6aweflich hal marra. Akalm ilistath 3umar, ana mwafiq 3ala istiqaltich, bas madri 3anna."


"Okay mashkoor." I replied. 


He didn't reply.


"Majid wallah wayed mt2asfa 3ala hal message. Ma adri shlon ktabta, knt m3a9ba oo knt ta3bana, ana a3tithir 3ala ili sawaita." I apologized again.


"Ma3a ilsalama." was all he could say.


The conversation ended. 


I sighed as I sat on my bed, tears started to form. I couldn't imagine how one message could ruin someone's life. I dialed Reem, making sure it was her at first. 


"Reem sh9ar 3alaich?" Reem asked worriedly.
"Qaddamt istiqalti, Majid mwafeq. Oo ta2asaft mina. Reem al7een shbagool 7ag umi oo ubooy? Wain asht'3el?" I kept on asking. 
Reem was my savior, I felt that she was an expert at everything.


"Umm May, ma kamaltlich." Reem replied.
I sighed, "shnu?"
"Get the job back." 


I shook my head in confusion, the girl was certainly not making any sense. Any sense, at all.


"Huh?" 
"May. Majid. Nafs ila7ruf."
"Reem are you high?" I asked.
"May 3an ilkhadai! Intay al7een maku ay shay professional bainich oo bain Majid. Fihmay!"


I gasped loudly, "Reem wain ga3deen b amreeka 3ashan hal suwalif?" I retorted.
Was she serious?
Reem laughed, "La! Moo lai hnak 3ad, bas use your charm oo riday 7ag wa'6eeftich. Sahla." 


Sahla? What was she talking about? Way easier said than done.


"Reem la. Mabi ashoof wayh Majid 6ool 3umri. Baqadm 3nd katha sharika w ashoof, a9lan lail7een madri itha Istath 3umar ra'6i 3ala stiqalti!" 


"Itha ma r'6a, Majid bifanshich, 9adgeeni." she did make sense.


I didn't want to lower myself to those standards just to get my job back. What if everything went wrong? What if he knew what I was up to?


But something just had to be done.


"Reem mabi anazl nafsi lai hal mustawa!" I replied.


"May. Ma gltlich 6bay 3nda aw '3azlee, la wai3! Do it subtly, you have an amazing personality wallah. Uhwa bas shaf your bad side l2ana khalach t6al3eena. Al7een yabeech t6al3een the May ili a3arfha. Be yourself, hatha qa9di, moo wa7da mn a burlesque show wala shay chithi! Min 9ijich 7asbalich qa9di chithi?"


Reem started to laugh again, if only it were that easy. I sighed while thinking deeply. 


"Mmm, ashoof. L2ani 7adi mtwahga al7een, oo madri shbagool 7ag umi oo ubooy. Surprise, ma asht'3il?" 


"Ee..." 


I rolled my eyes, it was nearly midnight, "Bye Reem, 7adi ta3bana."


"Ee ana ba3ad, gooleeli shi9eer okay?"


"Akeed!" I replied.


Tomorrow I was about to know whether or not I was jobless. I was for sure, it was either me quitting or me being fired. 


Then the real job begins. 

3 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, yes I'm excited enough to be having a capitals spasm. You're such an amazing writer, mashalllllllla. Much love!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAH! :D I'm do happy about this comment that I had a capitals spasm too! :P
      Thank you SO much! Your words mean a lot! <3

      Delete
  2. Cant wait !!! thanks for the post !!!!

    ReplyDelete