Sunday, April 15, 2012

Enemy (Part 2)



Okaay so I was kind of expecting more comments! What do you think of the story?!

Here's part 2, ENJOY! 
*************

The mysterious person inside the car got out, my nightmare turned into reality.
It was indeed Majid. I parked and got out of my car, inhaling and exhaling like crazy. I walked toward the entrance, being really careful not to run into him nor him seeing me.

Reem waited for me at the entrance, Majid was still at his car, talking on the phone. She didn't see him, thankfully.

"Akheeran?" Reem retorted. 

"Sorry, sorry! Yallah khalni93ad." 

We got on the lift and pressed the floor button, just as the elevator doors were about to close, some idiot stuck his hand between them. Yep, Majid again.

Reem froze in her place, I looked as twice as shocked. Majid looked three times more shocked, his eyes locked onto mine for three seconds, but those three seconds seemed like eternity. It was like he unlocked his feelings for me to examine, to see, to feel. All I sensed was remorse, regret, and guilt.

He cleared his throat and looked at us sternly, more 'official and manly'. The man had changed physically, I wasn't quite sure if he did psychologically, thought. He had the same tanned skin, the same dark brown hair, but this time his facial features matured, he grew into his looks.

"Ilsalam 3alaikum."

"W3alaikum ilsalam." Reem and I replied, still in awe. The awkwardness that happened was very uncomfortable, Majid glanced at his phone pretending to be busy, Reem and I did the same thing. The elevator came to a halt as Majid stepped out.


"Oh my god!" Reem exclaimed. "Min wain ya?"

I could only sigh.

*

Mid-day at the office, my head hurt more and more with time's passing. The ringing of phones and chiming of people made me want to scream in aggravation, I did not like the loud atmosphere at all.

Nouf my coworker, passed by my desk, "May, 3ndina ijtima3 bl meeting room, '6aroori."

Reem didn't work with me, ll2asaf, she worked in a different department.

I got out of my desk and went to the meeting room and sat on one of the seats, everyone was on their Blackberries and iPhones. My boss walked in, and joined him the person I was been dreading.

"Ilsalam 3alaikum." My boss, an old man, stated.

"W3alaikum ilsalam."

"Ilsbab ilra2eesi inni mnadeekum uhwa inna 3ndna muwa'6af yeedeed, Majid Al-B."

Majid nodded his head and scrutinized our faces one by one, passing my eyes quickly.

My boss cleared his voice as he patted Majid on the back, "Oo uhwa....ra7 ikoon modeerkum."



No comments:

Post a Comment