Sunday, April 15, 2012

Enemy (Part 4)


Hello all you beautiful people!
Tomorrow's Sunday. We3. Enough said.
Thank you for all your comments! And for those who didn't comment, please do! They make me veeeery happy!
Oh and my twitter account is in action, please follow! 
Enough garga, I'm going to post now. Hehe.

*****************

My deadline was up, I wasn't done with the work yet. Kaifa, I told him I couldn't finish it all at that time.

I knocked on his door, with the files in hand. For some strange reason my heart was thumping really hard, maybe it was because he's my boss now. I shook my head, he was nothing. Everything that had happened between us was nothing.

I heard Majid say 'tifa'6al' from inside the room.
I entered and shut the door behind me, and placed the files on the desk, not even taking one look at him. I could feel him looking at me.

Majid, looking through the files "Khala9teehum?"

"Laa. Ma midani."

Majid looked at me and scoffed. "Ana moo gayyillich ilsa3a wa7da abeehum 3ala durji?"

"Ee bas gltlik ma ra7 yamdeeni."

Majid rolled his eyes, "Istatha May, bima2annich muwa'6fa hnee, ya3ni intay 8baltay kil ilmas2ooliyat illi 3alaich, mahma kanat 9a3ba. 3adl?"

I wanted to punch him so badly that I my hands turned into fists. But I somehow kept my temper.

"Asfa bas ya3ni moo kilshay ilwa7d ygdar issawwee."

"Bas bima22ani mudeerich al7een, a3arf shnu a36eech, oo shinu illi tigdireen 3alaih, hatha mayabeella shay, oo 3a6aitich wagt zyada."

I kept quiet, I did not understand what he was doing or why he was doing this. What had happened between us?

Majid huddled sheets of papers together, and gave them to me, and they were heavy.


"Istatha May, hatha ilinthar ilawwal lich, oo abeech tkhal9een hathaila ilsa3a arba3 oo ni9."

I dropped my jaw, the guy wasn't serious. Ma99akh'ha!

"Mn 9jik?"

I didn't have respect for him, and him being my boss didn't affect my hatred towards him at all.

"Istatha May, hal isloob mayamshi hnee, tfa'6ilay 3ala maktbch oo yeebeeliyahum ilsa3a arba3 oo ni9, raja2an."

He was evidently enjoying it, just as he had enjoyed torturing me in the past. Majid hadn't changed, he was the same old devil in diguise. And I hated him.

"Asfa bas mara7 assaweehum." I rebelled.

"Wallah hatha moo 8ararich."

"Nag a77ad thani."

"Wala hatha 8ararich, fa ikthay ilawrag oo 6l3ay."

I got out and slammed the door hard. I didn't care, I lost hope.

*

Reem was at my house, we were getting ready for a wedding.

"Umm May I think intay ba3ad '3ala6tay."

"I know bas shasawwi ya3ni, I hate the guy!"

"Hate him, love him, he's still your boss."

I sighed.  I got in the bathroom and changed into my knee high turquoise one shouldered dress. Once I got out Reem screamed bloody murder.

"Shfeech?" I shouted.

"May! It'hableen! Mashllah!"

I looked at myself in the mirror, the dress complimented my already slim figure, "I do?" I asked.

"Ee!" Reem replied. She wore a long black dress that suit her perfectly, emphasizing her beautiful curves. We applied our makeup, my hair was wrapped up in a bun while hers was flowing with waves.

"Yallah?" Reem suggested.

"Yallah."

*

The Sheraton hotel,

Reem and I got in, our mothers couldn't make it due to different reasons, so it was just us, single ladies.

The smell of bukhoor filled the air, the hall was white, with white couches and the white 'kosha', Reem stepped behind me, ilkhawwafa was too scared to get in first. When I entered the relatives of the bride and groom looked at me and said 'mashallah' and other words. Sallamt 3alaihum, one woman in particular, the aunt of the groom, I think, asked me who I was.

"Mashallah, mn bnta?"
"Bnt 3abdullah Al-T." I replied.
"Ee mashallah." she replied.

I waited for Reem to finish saying her hello's, I saw lots of girls my age look at me with what seemed to be...envy?

We joined our cousins and danced to a couple of songs till the bride arrived. They were hectic, especially when it was full of people dancing after breaking out of their shells. The smell of musk and bukhoor filled the air, which was my favorite part of the wedding, sleeping with that smell stuck on yor skin and hair.

"Wai ta3abt, baroo7 il7amam, mnu yabi iroo7?" I spoke.

No one replied.

I rolled my eyes, "Oookay."

I left the 8a3a with my clutch purse in hand and shawl on shoulders in case of any surprises. and got in the bathroom. Two of the girls who stared at me at the beginning of the wedding were there, renewing their makeup.

"Ee ubai wallah madri mn 3ajba!" Girl one said, fixing her eyeliner.

"Khanroo7 nrz 3umrna." Girl two joked, I thought.

They started laughing.

"Dalool la tf'6i7eenna bas!" Girl one said.

The cracked up again and looked at me. Then they looked at me with a poisonous look like "shtabeen?". Dalal yanking her friend with her, "Yallah Saroon, khanni6la3 gabl la yroo7!"

They left the bathroom, I was curious as to what they had meant. I left the bathroom and went to see whom they were looking for.

Oh I saw him alright, looking at me instead of the girls, Majid.

No comments:

Post a Comment